Trade Show Open Today from 10 am - 5 pm
ROSEMONT, IL, October 24, 2018 - Returning for its sixth year, The ASSEMBLY Show is bringing together thousands of manufacturing professionals from every segment of the industry this week to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Engineers from automobile assembly to medical products to consumer technology are in attendance to participate in timely educational sessions, visit hundreds of exhibiting companies displaying products and services for manufacturing plants, and attend a dynamic keynote presentation and two exciting networking receptions. Below are images from the Opening Day of The ASSEMBLY Show. The event runs through Thursday, October 25.
Attendees: Over 8,000 registered participants including suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants interested in the latest technological advances in custom automated assembly systems, robotics, screw driving, adhesives, dispensing, plastics assembly, presses, conveyors, fasteners, packaging, workstations, welding, vision systems, and much more! Click here to see registered companies.
Pre-Show Workshops: The "Automated Assembly Systems," workshop included presentations on Working with System Integrators, Perfecting Parts Feeding, Technologies for Error-Proofing Automated Assembly, and Achieving Flexibility in Automated Assembly. The Second Pre-Show Workshop focused on Robotic Assembly and the need for flexible automation with product lifestyles getting shorter.
LLINOIS FIRST - High school students from FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Illinois Robotics programs demonstrated the robots they have built which use technology that is applicable for assembly manufacturing.
Exhibit Hall - The 6th Annual ASSEMBLY Show floor opened with the Taste of Rosemont Networking Reception where attendees visited with over 300 exhibiting companies including Gold Sponsor PROMESS; Silver Sponsors FESTO and SCHUNK; and Bronze Sponsors, Kistler, Orbitform, Schmidt Technology, as well as dozens of charter exhibitors who have been part of the show since its inception in 2013.
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Keynote Presentation (9:00 - 10:00 am) -Eric Pope, Vice President of Operations at US Synthetic Corp will discuss Culture by Design following the presentation of the ASSEMBLY Plant of the Year Award
- Exhibit Hall (10:00 am - 5:00 pm) - Over 300 exhibiting companies will showcase new products and services.
- Learning Theater Presentations (11:00 am - 4:40pm) offer a unique opportunity for exhibitors to demonstrate their company's expertise in an area related to the latest technological advances in assembly. Companies presenting include: Balluff, Bosch Rexroth, Desoutter Industrial Tools, elliTek, EPSON Robots, Go&Up Automation, Henkel Adhesive Technologies, Jervis B Webb Company- a Division of Daifuku North America, LACO Technologies, Inc., RedViking, Sturtevant Richmont, and Visual Knowledge Share, Ltd. Click here, for the schedule.
- 'Pub Night' Networking Reception (5:00 - 7:00 pm) - Relax over a pint, chat over burgers and make new connections while participating in pub-style games.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Exhibit Hall (10:00 am - 3:00 pm) - The 6th Annual ASSEMBLY Show will feature over 300 exhibiting companies. Click here for access to the floor plan and exhibitor list.
- Guided Tour of the Exhibit Floor (10:15 am - 1:15 pm) - New this year, editors of ASSEMBLY Magazine will lead four 45-minute tours focused on Adhesives, Conveyors, Robotics and Fastening Tools. Click here for more information.
- Learning Theater Presentations (10:20 am - 1:00 pm) offer a unique opportunity for exhibitors to demonstrate their company's expertise in an area related to the latest technological advances in assembly. Companies presenting include: FANUC America Corporation, Real Time Automation, and Ubisense. Click here, for the schedule.
- New Product of the Year Award (2:00 pm)- The winner of the New Product of the Year Award, which honors the company that has the most innovative and efficient new product, will be announced.
Over 5,000 suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants interested in the latest technological advances in custom automated assembly systems, robotics, screw driving, adhesives, dispensing, plastics assembly, presses, conveyors, fasteners, packaging, workstations, welding, vision systems, and much more will attend! Click here to see registered companies.
The ASSEMBLY Show is sponsored by ASSEMBLY (www.assemblymag.com), a monthly trade magazine read by 56,000 engineers and managers responsible for manufacturing and designing cars, computers, catheters, coffee makers, etc. ASSEMBLY covers the processes, technologies and strategies for joining discrete parts into finished products. The event is produced by BNP Media (www.bnpmedia.com), one of the country's leading business-to-business media companies serving professionals across 50+ industries. For more information, visit www.theassemblyshow.com
# # #
For further information, contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations Representative