Rosemont, IL, October 18, 2016 - The 4th annual ASSEMBLY Show will bring together thousands of suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants to learn about the latest products in the assembly industry beginning next Tuesday, October 25th at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. The ASSEMBLY Show, taking place from Tuesday, October 25 through Thursday, October 27, will feature an expansive expo floor featuring 270 exhibitors, informative educational sessions and exciting networking events for industry professionals.
Highlights for the event include:
- Keynote Presentation: Raymond Muscat, Industry Director, Tauber Institute for Global Operations, The University of Michigan and Former Senior Vice President of Manufacturing Research and New Product Operations, Herman Miller will discuss The Herman Miller Performance System Journey: Overcoming the Challenges of Implementing a People Focused Production System on Wednesday, October 26th at 9:00 a.m. The keynote will be preceded by the presentation of the Assembly Plant of the Year Award Presentation to Bosch Rexroth Corp., Fountain Inn, SC assembly plant.
- Exhibit Hall: Over 270 of leading industry companies will display the latest technology advances in robotics, plastics assembly equipment, conveyors and much more in the exhibit hall including Gold Sponsor Promess, Silver Sponsors ASG and Festo and Bronze Sponsors Accounting Business Solutions By JCS and Schmidt Technology. For full exhibitor list, click here.
- Pre-Show Workshops: On Tuesday, October 25th from 1:00 - 4:00 pm there will be two pre-show workshops followed by a Welcome Networking Reception held in the exhibit hall. These pre-show 3-hour workshops will dive deeper and focus on important topics facing the industry. Topics include:
- Showcase Theater Presentations: There will be over a dozen educational presentations right on the exhibit hall floor on Wednesday, October 26th and Thursday, October 27th. Presenters include executives from LACO Technologies, Henkel Corporation, RedViking, Panduit, Nordson EFD, Festo, Desoutter Industrial Tools, DESTACO, Balluff, Bosch Rexroth Group, and Flex Craft. In addition, there will be a session on Concurrent Production: New Opportunities for Equipment Manufacturers and Upgraded Effectiveness for Assemblers and It's Time to Bring Manufacturing Back to America. For details on the session topics, click here.
- Rosie the Riveter 2.0: On Thursday afternoon at 12:30 pm a dynamic panel of women will discuss Recruiting and Retaining Women in Manufacturing. Presenters include Chelsea Becker, Baldor, a Member of the ABB Group; Elizabeth Rolinksi, Johnson Controls; Shelley Ryan Carlson, Danfoss; and Gina Vassallo, Caterpillar Inc.
- Valuable Networking Opportunities: Networking is one of the top reasons to attend The ASSEMBLY Show, which will kick off with the "Taste of Rosemont" Welcome Reception on Tuesday, October 25th from 4:00-7:00 p.m. During the reception on the show floor will be delicious food and drink from local establishments as well as demonstrations from FIRST Robotics featuring local high school students. The "Pub Night" Networking Reception will take place on Wednesday, October 26th from 5:00-7:00 p.m. and will provide attendees a chance to connect with hundreds of suppliers, buyers, and users of assembly equipment while you enjoy food and drink in a relaxed, friendly environment.
- Attendees: Over 5,000 suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants are expected to attend The 2016 ASSEMBLY Show. Pre-registration is tracking ahead of last year, making this the "must attend" event in the assembly industry.
- Mobile App: The 2016 ASSEMBLY Show Mobile App is a show guide gone digital. Enjoy all the event information in an easy and fun mobile app that works on smartphones and tablets. To access, simply search "ASSEMBLY Show" in the app store. Click here for more info.
The ASSEMBLY Show 2016 will be held Tuesday, October 25 - Thursday, October 27 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. The Show is sponsored by ASSEMBLY (www.assemblymag.com), a monthly trade magazine read by 56,000 engineers and managers responsible for manufacturing and designing cars, computers, catheters, coffee makers, etc. ASSEMBLY covers the processes, technologies and strategies for joining discrete parts into finished products. The event is produced by BNP Media (www.bnpmedia.com), one of the country's leading business-to-business media companies serving professionals across 50+ industries.
# # #
For further information, contact:
Media Relations Representative