Rosemont, IL, September 2016 - As a member of the media, we want to invite you to register for press credentials for The ASSEMBLY Show, the only trade show event of the year focused exclusively on assembly technology, equipment and products, taking place on Tuesday, October 25 through Thursday, October 27 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, IL. Highlights for the event include:
- Keynote Presentation: Raymond Muscat, Industry Director, Tauber Institute for Global Operations, The University of Michigan andFormer Senior Vice President of Manufacturing Research and New Product Operations, Herman Miller will deliver the keynote presentation The Herman Miller Performance System Journey: Overcoming the Challenges of Implementing a People Focused Production System. The keynote will be preceded by the presentation of the Assembly Plant of the Year Award Presentation to Bosch Rexroth Corp., Fountain Inn, SC.
- Exhibit Hall: The 2016 exhibit hall will be even larger than in 2015 and will feature 265+ exhibiting companies which will display the latest technology advances in robotics, plastics assembly equipment, conveyors and much more in the exhibit hall including Gold Sponsor Promess; Silver Sponsors ASG and Festo; and Bronze Sponsors JCS and Schmidt Technology.
- Pre-Show Workshops: On Tuesday, October 25th from 1:00 - 4:00 pm there will two half-day pre-show workshops followed by a Welcome Networking Reception held in the exhibit hall. The pre-show workshop, Managing Mixed-Model Assembly Lines, will address the current trend in today's marketplace, where customers demand high product variety and short lead times, mass customization is the new paradigm for manufacturing. The second workshop will focus on Collaborative Robotics where a panel of industry experts from FANUC America, ABB Robotics, Universal Robots USA Inc, and KUKA Robotics Corp, will discuss how robots are ready to work alongside humans on assembly lines.
- Showcase Theater Presentations: During the two days of the show, two Showcase Theaters will run concurrently offering a unique opportunity for exhibitors to demonstrate their company's expertise related to the latest technological advances. Companies presenting include: Laco Technologies, Henkel, RedViking, Panduit, Nordson EFD, Festo, Desoutter, Destaco, Baluff, Rexroth, and FlexCraft. On Thursday afternoon, a panel of women executives from the ABB Group, Johnson Controls, Danfoss and Caterpillar Inc. will discuss Recruiting and Training Women in Manufacturing.
- Valuable Networking Opportunities: Networking is one of the top reasons to attend The ASSEMBLY Show. The "Taste of Rosemont" Welcome Reception will take place on Tuesday, October 25 from 4:00 - 7:00pm. Participants get to sample local fare and get a sneak peek of the various exhibits, tools and displays. During the Welcome Reception high school students from FIRST Illinois Robotics programs will demonstrate the robots they have built, which are using technology applicable for assembly manufacturing. On Wednesday, October 26 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm, attendees and exhibitors will gather at the 'Pub Night' Networking Reception to relax over a pint, chat over burgers and make new connections while participating in pub-style games.
- Attendees: Over 4,000 suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants interested in the latest technological advances in custom automated assembly systems, robotics, screwdriving, adhesives, dispensing, plastics assembly, presses, conveyors, fasteners, packaging, workstations, welding, vision systems, and much more will attend the event
To apply for press credentials, click here or email your complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the most up-to-date event information we invite you to download our event brochure or visit www.theassemblyshow.com.
I look forward to seeing you at the Show.
# # #
For further information, contact:
Media Relations Representative